Thursday, September 2, 2010

CLAY FLOWERS - INTRO

I was introduced to this wonderful art sometime back. In India, this clay art is  still in infancy stages as the availability of clay and tools are scarce and quite expensive. I was supposed  to visit someone to discuss my bread craft, but what welcomed me was these beautiful flowers be it roses ,sweet peas, daffodils and what not. For the first time in my life I am seeing such amazing art.  Since then I was searching for this clay but without success. After some  gap of three years , I had a chance to meet that person again to whom I am forever indebted  for introducing this art.While she was residing in Japan,  she learnt this craft some 25 years ago. What amazes me is that these are done in traditional japanese method i.e without using any cutters or moulds. Here is an example of camelia flower done some 20 years ago.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...